Postdoc Positions in Recommender Systems
We are looking to recruit a number of Post-Doctoral Research Fellows to start in September 2018 on a new multi-million-euro, multi-year industry research project, funded by a global technology company. The project will develop next generation recommender systems technologies, drawing on the experience and expertise of a leading recommender systems research group in UCD as part of the Insight Centre for Data Analytics. This is a 2-year position.
You will work on the design and development of an industrial recommender system, developing new or advanced research skills associated with the research project, publishing in top level peer-reviewed academic venues, as well as supervising and mentoring graduate students.
The project will require close collaboration with industry partners.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of world-class experts in Recommender Systems in an ambitious industry-driven research project. The candidate will contribute to the success of the project and to the improvement of the team’s skills and expertise.
Salary: €43,828 - €47,728 per annum.
Appointment on the above range will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: 17.00hrs (Local Irish Time) on 19th July 2018.
- PhD in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2-3 years postdoctoral research experience
- A willingness and a desire to collaborate with industrial R&D
- Demonstrated experience in Recommender Systems
- Demonstrated experience in Machine Learning
- Demonstrated understanding of Deep Learning
Extensive experience in any of the following:
- Tools for Big Data analysis (spark, hadoop, etc)
- Explanations for recommender systems
- Privacy for Recommender Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Embedded Systems (particularly recommended systems on embedded platforms)
- Diversity in Recommender systems
- Distributed/decentralized machine learning
- Strong demonstrated software development skills in languages like python, Java, R... and relevant data analytics packages and libraries.
Informal enquiries about this position can be made to: elias.tragos “at” insight-centre.org.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline online at https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/